Emergency Disaster Incident Training Symposiums (EDITS)
EDITS is a unique bi-annual regional training opportunity developed by the Eastern Montgomery County PA emergency managers.
It is a two-day, affordable, focused training symposium designed to present nationally recognized keynote speakers and current disaster topics for approximately 300 regional emergency management professionals, police, fire, EMS, health and school officials, and first responders.
The symposium provides training, discussions, networking opportunities, and a select number of exhibitors for both career professionals and volunteers.
(Please Note: EMS Continuing Education has been approved)
Thank You For Attending
On behalf of the EDITS 2010 Planning Committee, I would like to express my sincere thanks for taking time from your busy schedule to attend our Disaster Symposium. Our professions are changing daily by external influences beyond our control, thus, our theme this year: “Changing Expectations.” As professionals entrusted with public safety, it’s important that we strive to keep current in our field and make the best use of shrinking resources. Towards that goal, we attempted to provide a variety of speakers and topics that can enlighten us based on personal experiences and share valuable incident information. In addition, we hope that you were able to review the latest technologies available from our exhibitors and network with your associates from neighboring communities.
We appreciate the opportunity to improve our efforts and hope that you completed the program evaluation and feel free to provide any additional feedback to any committee member. Program evaluations can still be filled out and submitted (link coming soon).
Thank You, Ed Momorella, Chair, Planning Committee
The symposium was held on April 20 & 21, 2010 at the ACE Conference Center, Lafayette Hill, PA.
Day one: Tuesday, 4/20 the day began with breakfast and registration from 8a-9a and ended at 4:30p.
Day two: Wednesday, 4/21 the day began with breakfast from 7:30a-8:30a and ended at 4:45p with a raffle.
Speakers on day one: Bill Carey, Jeffrey Skiles, Allyson Schwartz, Michael Fink, Dennis L. Rubin, Kenneth Crosswhite.
Speakers on day two: Dr. Tricia Wachtendorf, Robert D. Allen, Evalyn Fisher, Tom Foley, William Nemetz, James Grove, Bill Albany, Tom Grace, John Degory. Read more about speakers and their topics below.
Topics and Speakers
- “Lessons From the Miracle on the Hudson”
Jeffrey Skiles, Co-Pilot of U.S. Airways Flight 1549
- Congresswoman Allyson Schwartz, U.S. House of Representatives 13th District PA
- “I-35W Mississippi River Bridge Collapse”
Deputy Police Chief Robert Allen, Minneapolis Police Department
- “Leave No One Behind: Hurricane Katrina and the Rescue of Tulane Hospital”
Bill Carey, author, journalist, and former naval flight officer
- “Lost in Translation – Disaster Myths and Realities”
Dr. Tricia Wachtendorf, University of Delaware Disaster Research Center
- “G-20 Summit: Behind the Scene Planning”
Chief William Albany, MIRT Commander, Montgomery County, PA
Tom Grace, SEPA SMRT Team Leader
John Degory, Director, Knowledge Center, Inc.
- “Washington DC METRO Rail Accident-Lessons Learned”
Chief Dennis L. Rubin, District of Columbia Fire Department
Deputy Fire Chief Kenneth Crosswhite, District of Columbia Fire Department
- “Haiti Earthquake: Logistics Challenge”
Tom Foley, President and CEO Southeastern Pennsylvania Chapter of the American Red Cross
- “PennReady – A Comprehensive Approach to School Safety through Training and Partnerships”
Deputy Police Chief Michael J. Fink, University of Pennsylvania Police Department
- “Creative Electronic Surveillance”
William Nemetz SSSA, Pennsylvania Office of the Attorney General
- “Technology and the First Responder”
James W. Grove, Jr., Director, U.S. Department of Homeland Security Science & Technology, Mid-Atlantic & Great Lakes Region
- “Southeastern Pennsylvania Regional Task Force: Homeland Security Update”
Evalyn A. Fisher, Directory SEPA Task Force
- EDITS 2010 Attendee Evaluation Form
Email an evaluation of EDITS 2010. Adobe Reader 7.0 or greater to use email feature.
- EDITS 2010 Venue Map
- EDITS 2010 Participant Registration Form
Please note that participant registration is FILLED
- EDITS 2010 Sponsor/Exhibitor Information and Form
Please note that exhibitor registration is FILLED
- Montgomery County Consortium of Communities – Sponsor
- Knowledge Center – Breakfast Sponsor
- PECO – Conference Materials Sponsor
- American Red Cross, SEPA
- Eastern Diversified Services, Inc.
- Fire Planning Associates, Inc.
- Holy Family University
- JAN Communications
- Keystone Mid-Atlantic, Inc.
- MAGLOCLEN, Middle Atlantic-Great Lakes Organized Crime Law Enforcement Network
- Montgomery County Community College
- Montgomery County Department of Public Safety
- Pacheco Ross Architects P.C.
- Sprint Nextel
- SEPA Terrorism Task Force